Contact Us Podcasts Store Registration Home

The Lincoln Mine

The Lincoln Mine

"First Lead Mine in Utah"

Five miles northeast of Minersville, discovered in 1858 by Isaac Grundy, Jesse N. Smith, Tarlton Lewis, and William Barton. Those men and Sidney Tanner, John Blackburn, Edwin Bingham, Samuel Lewis, and James H. Rollins, established Minersville and opened the mine May, 1859, by direction of Brigham Young. First called Spanish Mine, it was called Rollins Mine when Rollins became Bishop in 1860, and Lincoln Mine in 1870. A smelter was built here in 1875. The lead was used for bullets and as medium of exchange for labor and merchandise from 1859 to 1870.  

Location: 130 W Main Street


Center of town, at Church house  

Discription: Free-standing Colored rock 5'3" Height 3' Wide 2'5" Deep  

Date Erected: 3/20/1937


Copyright Statement Privacy Statement Acceptable Use Policy About Us Registration Home